Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This Week's Book

Hi there. Sorry i haven't written in a while because i've been busy with all kinds of work and projects. As i love reading and accumulating new information daily, I got engaged in all kinds of stuff and started searching the internet, documenting myself about certain topics I'm studying about. I love "knowing". No, i will not spend my whole day(or life for that matter) reading and studying various topics, but as a good friend of mine said, time management is everything. If i have a free window, when i can relax, i don't just sit and waist my time, i manage it. How do i do that? I read, from daily news to health, fashion, art, anything that will keep me interested and of course is worth reading. I always carry a book with me, especially social psychology ones. During the day i catch up on whatever i can, and before going to bed i allocate myself two hours of art study.
Now then, enough about myself. I want to delight you, my readers, with new an interesting info and not write about myself, because one's main interest is his own self. As hard as we can admit it, everything revolves around one's self. To give you a clear perspective about what society is and how we can - pay attention, WE - can become better people, how everyone judges us and why, sometimes, things don't work out as we would want them to, i recommend you a GOLDEN BOOK. It's called: How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie.
No, it's not a guide how to fool someone in order to get what you want. It's a book that emphasizes the role of respect, truth and how we can surpass life's challenges. It's a book that changed the life of many people in its 70 years. The author starts his book by saying:"If you can't see any change in yourself after reading the first chapter, don't bother reading any further". Indeed, the book captivates you, from its first chapter. I have read it many times(7 i think). It has been given to me by my father when i was 14. Even then i loved it. I keep a notebook with quotes from it which i read weekly. So readers, i apologize again for my late post and hope this amazing book will open many doors for you, in the relationships with your family, friends, work colleagues and daily abouts. Cheers!

--Take a look at it and its reviews on Amazon--